Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Rebel Skein is evolving

Wait. It's December already? This has kind of been my life since I opened my shop up 3 years ago. I get so busy between the shop, family obligations, my daily household routine, and whatever else might be going on that before I know it a month, 2 months, a whole year has gone by and I feel like I wasn't even there for it. This realization hits me every few months...it's all going by too fast and I feel like I'm not getting where I want to go. 

It started weighing heavy on my mind and I have been wrestling with what to do for some time now. After a lot of careful consideration I have decided that it is time for Rebel Skein to evolve because I'm not happy with where I am at right now. I love being a maker and having an indie business, but there are highs and lows. I love being crafty and I love to crochet, but I lose that crojo (Crochet mojo) so often these days. So, I had to sit and think about where I wanted Rebel Skein to go...and that is when I decided that it is time to close the shop doors and focus on my blog and writing patterns. That makes me happy. I have so many patterns, designs, and ideas written down or even just in my head, but I feel like I never have the time to get them worked out completely and shared with the rest of you. 

This decision is bittersweet. On one hand, I love having a shop and the little bit of extra income certainly never hurts. On the other hand, I never have enough time or energy to truly grow my business into that unstoppable force I always imagined it could be. Unstoppable force? Slow down, Kat, these are beanies. Yeah, well...I like to dream big. I've always been that way. I like to plan, and create, and master my skills. So, that is what I am going to focus on- the dreamer, the planner, the creator. Will I change the world one hat at a time? No, probably not, but I can make the world cuter one hat at a time! Let's just start there. 

There may never be a crochet super hero. I may never get called to the White House to save the world through my hooking skills. I won't ever win an Olympic medal in beanie assembly. I won't fill up stadiums of people who have come to see my crochet super talent in person. I'll keep training and preparing for all that. In the meantime, you can find me here on my blog where I will be working on posting patterns for all you lovely hookers out there! 

And for all my customers out there thank you so much for 3 great years! You've fed my kids, warmed my home, and bought me the occasional bottle of wine! ;-) I'm so grateful for all that!

No comments:

Post a Comment